Wednesday, July 11, 2018

"Ant-Man and the Wasp'' Review (SPOILERS)

I saw Ant-Man and the Wasp several days ago with a friend and I have to say, I was very pleased! The movie was just as good, if not slightly better than the first Ant-Man. It was certainly nice to get a break from the intensity and high stakes of Avengers: Infinity War in the MCU.

Here are some thoughts of mine I had while watching Ant-Man and the Wasp:

LIKES

- The action scenes were some of the best in the entire MCU.
- The movie explored Hope Van Dyne and Scott Lang's characters even more fully, as expected.
- The movie also further explored the quantum realm, and that was very thought-provoking.
- Cassie is absolutely adorable.
- Luis is straight up hilarious - like, can we petition for him to recite the entire history of the MCU in his unique storytelling way? That would be a dream come true.
- The chemistry between all of the characters in the film is on-point and gives for a good laugh.
- Ghost was an interesting villain.
- The visual effects were fantastic, especially in the quantum realm scenes.
- The mid-credits scene was one of the MCU's best.

DISLIKES

- I felt like Ghost needed a bit more build-up to truly make her a compelling villain, and that was one of the film's main weak spots.
- The FBI agent dude was really annoying, but I suppose that's what Marvel had to do to set up some of the jokes he was involved in.
- Sonny Burch was sort of a useless character.

Overall, Ant-Man and the Wasp is a fun summer flick that everyone will enjoy. Though on the smaller scale of the MCU (pun intended) risk-wise, the movie still has a big heart. Now to continue speculation on that shocking mid-credits scene...

5 comments:

  1. Heya naffy! Its me, talon. I haven't visted in quite a while, huh? I cant believe its been so long.

    Just wanna say, thank you. Thank you for being there for me. You may not know it, but your aj whip posts always gave me happiness at sad times. I never told you but a looong time ago when i was little and playing webkinz i found your blog! I havd been a long time fan and i still will be. Its been a while since you posted on the whip, but i hope to stay your friend forever and always. Thanks for buddying me on aj too, it really made my day =)-talonflame80841

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you'll continue to visit this blog! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey! Are you going to be seeing Christopher Robin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, it looks really good, plus all the Winnie the Pooh characters are 3D and look adorable XD

      Delete