Sunday, September 23, 2018

''The Dark Knight" Review (SPOILERS)

I watched The Dark Knight over the weekend for the first time, just over a decade since it was first released in 2008. That's been too long of a wait for me; I've always wanted to see the film, but never really got around to it. Now I can say that I've seen it, and honestly, I had a blast.

Here's a list of my likes and dislikes.

LIKES

- Heath Ledger was - and I cannot stress this enough - PHENOMENAL. It's a shame he passed away. His talent truly shined through this movie. He is the best Joker without a doubt. He portrays the character so perfectly, I got chills every time he appeared on the screen.
- I LOVED Harvey Dent in this movie. His character arc is just absolutely mesmerizing. I wish there was more of him as Two-Face, but I also feel like too much of him would have caused the plot to drag a little.
- The complex, ever-lasting argument whether or not Batman is a menace or a savior to Gotham City really gets you thinking. I like it when movies leave room for the audience to ponder.
- The movie was dark, yes, but dark done well, unlike more modern DC films. You know who you are. *cough cough*
- The action scenes were fantastic.
- The soundtrack deserves an A+.

DISLIKES

- The Dark Knight is just ten minutes short of the length of Infinity War if you can believe it. Considering it didn't have ten years of buildup, the movie was a little too long for me.
- Maggie Gyllenhaal's acting as Rachel Dawes was... unbelievable. And not in a particularly good way. Unbelievable as in I wasn't convinced she actually wanted the role in the first place.
- Christian Bale's voice as Batman is kind of cringy at times.

To sum all of this up, The Dark Knight goes down as one of the best superhero films ever. I know that I'm Marvel-biased, but I truly did enjoy this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment