Saturday, June 16, 2018

"Incredibles 2" Review (SPOILERS)

I just got back from watching Incredibles 2, and what can I say? Pixar has worked its imaginative magic once again. It's a sequel worth waiting for, to say the least.

Per usual, it's now time for the likes/dislikes and pros/cons of the movie. These are all solely based on my opinion and I am entitled to it, but feel free to share yours in the comments. Keep in mind that there will be spoilers - you've been warned!

LIKES

- The villain is much more terrifying in this film than its predecessor.
- I loved how the villain used screens to enslave (hence the name ''Screenslaver") control people since our world is so digitally reliant. Very clever.
- The action scenes were awesome.
- I don't have a problem with strobe lights, so the strobe light scene was super epic and mesmerizing.
- Bao, the short film that plays before Incredibles 2, was phenomenal and tearjerking. Classic Pixar.
- The kids (Violet, Dash, and Jack Jack) are hilarious. The Parr family has such good chemistry.

DISLIKES

- There were a few cases of mild cussing which I felt were completely unnecessary.


That's all of the specifics that come to mind. In general, Incredibles 2 was fantastic and I recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the first one. It was a real treat to see these beloved characters back on the big screen.

8 comments:

  1. Hey, Naffy, I'm glad to see you're branching out and taking on new topics, and for somebody who hasn't had much experience in film reviewing prior to this, I think this is a pretty good start.

    Out of curiosity, are you planning on seeing any upcoming films? I'd just like to hear your thoughts on them prior to release. Thanks a bunch, and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to see Ant-Man and the Wasp in a couple of weeks, so maybe I will do a post on that before it comes out! And I am so glad you like the blog!

      Delete
    2. I haven't seen many MCU films, but I did quite enjoy the ones I did watch. I might end up watching the first film at some point. Sounds like a pretty interesting film concept.

      Are you planning on seeing that new Jurassic World film? My parents really wanted to go out and watch it, but I didn't like the first film all that much and the reviews really aren't convincing me. I wouldn't imagine big bloated dinosaur action films are really your thing but I am curious to hear your thoughts.

      I quite like how the blog has been progressing. Keep on going! :D

      Delete
    3. I haven't seen the first Jurassic World, so I don't plan on seeing the sequel anytime soon. Come to think of it, I've only seen bits and pieces of the original Jurassic Park - I need to watch that sometime!

      Delete
    4. My parents took me out to see the re-release of the first film in 2013, and while I remember liking it, it absolutely terrified me. I recall there being one scene with the raptors I had to actually look away from (Funny enough, the same thing happened during World, but it was because of the obnoxiously bright lighting during one scene). My memory of it is rather loose, but I have considered re-watching it.

      I'm not sure if I can really recommend it considering it's been about 4-5 years since I've seen it, but from what I've heard it still holds up pretty well.

      Delete
  2. My parents saw it ((I haven't watched it, I think they wanted to watch it first because they were a little worried about it)

    It looks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeet twas a good movie 10/10 tomats and i love violet

    ReplyDelete