Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Trailer Reactions #2 - Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, Teen Titans Go! To The Movies, Aquaman, Mission Impossible: Fallout, Christopher Robin

Welcome back for the second installment of the Trailer Reactions post series. I had a lot of fun reviewing the movie trailers in the previous post, so naturally, I couldn't wait any longer to type up the next one. With that being said, let's get started!

Today I will be reviewing the trailers for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, Teen Titans Go! To The Movies, Aquaman, Mission Impossible: Fallout, and Christopher Robin.

#1 - Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald


Film Sypnosis:

Magizoologist Newt Scamander joins forces with young Albus Dumbledore to prevent the devious Gellert Grindelwald from raising pure-blood wizards to rule over all non-magical beings.

Ahh, I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am about this film! I loved Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, so you bet your bottom dollar I'm hyped. I cannot wait to see Grindelwald in action, as well as the young version of the famous Albus Dumbledore.

#2 - Teen Titans Go! To The Movies

Film Sypnosis:

A villain's maniacal plan for world domination sidetracks five teenage superheroes who dream of Hollywood stardom.

I'll be honest here - when I first learned that there would be a full-fledged CINEMATIC MOVIE about the popular cartoon Teen Titans GO!, I just about puked. For the longest time, I expected this film to be the ''Emoji Movie of 2018''. Shockingly enough, the movie sits with an astounding 100% score on Rotten Tomatoes at the time of this post. The official score is bound to change within the next couple of days, but the fact that the majority of the early reviews are positive just blows my mind. I heard rumors that if this movie does well, Cartoon Network might bring back the original Teen Titans cartoon for another season... so I'm actually hoping it does fine at the box office. Maybe I'll end up watching it once it's available on Redbox someday. Who knows!

#3 - Aquaman


Film Sypnosis:

Aquaman finds himself caught between a surface world that ravages the sea and the underwater Atlanteans who are ready to revolt.

The DCEU has this reputation for being... edgy. While the graphics are shown to be rather dark-toned like most of the DCEU films in the Aquaman trailer and aren't exactly aesthetically pleasing to my eyes personally, the movie itself actually might be rather okay. Since the DCEU has basically hit rock bottom, this film desperately needs to perform well at the box office and in reviews. I'm hoping for the best! (P.S. I still need to see Wonder Woman... perhaps I'll watch that this weekend.)

#4 - Mission Impossible: Fallout




Film Sypnosis:

Ethan Hunt and the IMF team join forces with CIA assassin August Walker to prevent a disaster of epic proportions. Arms dealer John Lark and a group of terrorists known as the Apostles plan to use three plutonium cores for a simultaneous nuclear attack on the Vatican, Jerusalem and Mecca, Saudi Arabia. When the weapons go missing, Ethan and his crew find themselves in a desperate race against time to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands.

I have yet to see a single Mission Impossible movie, so I honestly had no idea what the heck was going on in the trailer, but from what I did see, the movie looks like an action-packed adventure. Also, critics are giving the movie positive reviews, so that's a plus.

#5 - Christopher Robin


Film Sypnosis:

Winnie-the-Pooh and friends reunite with old pal Christopher Robin -- now an adult.

I am so excited for this movie! When the teaser trailer first came out a while back, I actually shed a tear or two when Pooh Bear popped up. I have a strong emotional connection to stuffed animals, so seeing all these beloved characters as old, tattered, and loved plush toys just warmed my heart up. I'll definitely be seeing this in theaters.

Which movie trailers did you like the best in this post? Comment your thoughts down below, and have a lovely day!

8 comments:

  1. How do you get to see movies so often? That must be nice to see all the movies you want. I cannot wait for Christopher Robin and Fantastic Beasts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't see movies too often, actually, but I do certainly enjoy watching them when I get the chance.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teen titans looks uhm
    interesting
    (stupid)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but after hearing of the positive reviews it has received so far I think I might watch it. Probably not in the theaters, though.

      Delete
  4. Honestly TTG!TMM doesn't seem that bad, but I was really worried about it's box office performance prior to release. Around the late 1990's-early 2000's there was a slew of film adaptations of popular television cartoons. While some were relatively successful many others lost a ton of money, and considering the only okay box office performance of the MLP:FIM movie I was expecting it would only barely break even.

    The budget is really small though: 10 million is almost nothing for an animated film, so I'm hoping it'll do okay. I generally don't like watching studios lose money unless the concept of the film itself genuinely offends (ex. The Emoji Movie) so I'm hoping the film turns out okay.

    By the way, most of the positive reviews I read were praising the film's satirical jabs at modern superhero films, so it might not age that well in hindsight.

    (Also, I wouldn't mind seeing you review the DCEU films. I haven't seen any of them and I'm not even big on superhero films in general but I'd like to see what you think of them.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your thoughtful comment! I'm planning on watching Wonder Woman (the DCEU film) sometime soon, so I will definitely review that in the future.

      Delete
  5. I'm excited for Christopher Robin and Fantastic Beasts. I've seen the first one, and loved it. I love everything Winnie the Pooh, so yey!
    *Binx1184

    ReplyDelete